BRHS utilizes Naviance Student with students to assist them in the college search/admission process and as part of the career planning process. Naviance Student is customized to BRHS making use of data from BRHS alumni in the presentation of diagrams, charts, acceptance history and more to aide students as they develop their post-secondary plans. Naviance Student is linked to Naviance Succeed, a software program used in the Counseling Office to track and analyze data about college and career plans. This enables the Counseling Office to provide up-to-date information that is specific to BRHS. BRHS also uses Naviance to send teacher letters of recommendation, high school transcripts, and mid-year grades.
Naviance Student allows students to:
- Get involved in the planning and advising process - build a resume, complete online surveys, manage timelines and deadlines for making decisions about colleges and careers
- Research colleges - perform college searches based on various criteria such as size, location, major, and more; compare GPA, standardized test scores, and other statistics to actual historical data from BRHS students who have applied and been admitted
- Sign up for college visits - BRHS hosts over 50 individual college visits during the fall
- Research scholarships - listing of local and national scholarships, applications and websites
- Research careers - explore hundreds of careers and career clusters, match potential careers with interests, take career assessments
- Communicate - send and receive messages to/from your school counselor and the Counseling Office, create goals
Students will be provided with a personal access code and instructions for accessing Naviance Student. This service is available to all BRHS students. To receive your personal access code, please see your school counselor.
Below are copies of the PowerPoint presentations available to BRHS students and parents. The presentations provide step by step instructions on how to create an account with Naviance Student, the College Planning Process, and how to complete Career and Personality Type inventories. Also below is a file that explains the BRHS step-by-step process students should follow in using Naviance eDocs.
The following is a link to a video that demonstrates how to match a student's Common Application account in the new Naviance Student: Common App Matching