Bridgewater-Raritan High School is a member of the
- New Jersey State Interscholastic Athletic Association (NJSIAA)
- Skyland Conference - Delaware Division
- Somerset County Interscholastic Athletic Association (SCIAA)
- Mid State 38 Football Conference
- Boys Cross Country
- Girls Cross Country
- Field Hockey
- Boys Soccer
- Girls Soccer
- Girls Tennis
- Girls Volleyball
- Boys Basketball
- Girls Basketball
- Boys Bowling
- Girls Bowling
- Ice Hockey
- Boys Swimming
- Girls Swimming
- Winter Track & Field
- Boys Golf
- Girl Golf
- Boys Lacrosse
- Girls Lacrosse
- Boys Tennis
- Girls Track & Field
- Boys Volleyball
Academic requirements for Bridgewater-Raritan High School adheres to the eligibility requirements set-forth by the NJSIAA. Student-athletes will be required to achieve 30 credits in the year prior to participation in the first semester of a school year, which will include the fall and winter seasons. Any summer work for make-up purposes for failed courses, completed and approved by the school before the sixth school day, in the Fall semester, may be used for eligibility purposes. To be eligible in the second semester, the student-athlete must have achieved 15 credits in the first semester of that year. Incoming Freshmen will automatically be eligible in his/her first semester, which will include the fall and winter sports. A student who is ineligible during the Fall and Winter season may become eligible for the remainder of the Winter sports season on February 1 if he/she achieves 15 credits at the close of the first semester. To be eligible for the second semester he/she must have achieved 15 credits for participation during the spring season. There is no provision for make-up work for credits for the second semester.
To be eligible for athletic competition during the spring season of their Freshmen, Sophomore, Junior and Senior years a student athlete must pass the equivalent of 12½% of the 120 credits required by New Jersey for graduation at the end of the first semester which is 15 credits.
To be eligible for the Fall and Winter Seasons of their Sophomore, Junior and Senior years each student athlete must pass the equivalent of 25% of the 120 credits required by New Jersey for graduation which is 30 credits.
To ensure eight semesters of interscholastic eligibility NJSIAA member schools may request waivers to permit students who are in the 6th, 7th or 8th grades and who are otherwise academically eligible, to participate on the junior varsity or varsity teams where such students will be sixteen years of age or older upon entrance into the 9th grade prior to September 1st. Note: Students below the ninth grade are not permitted to practice with high school students (grade 9 through 12) unless they will be ineligible as seniors due to age and have begun their eight semesters of eligibility in eighth grade or earlier as outlined above.
- Enrollment/residency: Must be properly enrolled in the Bridgewater-Raritan Schools
- Age: Cannot reach the age of 19 prior to September 1st.
- Have a physical within 365 days of the first practice in their particular sport. All physical forms including a completed and signed Health History Update Form must be forwarded to the Nurse’s Office for clearance by the specified date.
- Complete the required online registration process though FormReleaf by the parent/guardian
2019 Fall Sport Starting Dates
All 2019 Fall Sports will begin on or shortly after Monday, August 12, 2019. Specific dates & times for individual sports are listed below.
2019 Fall Sport Physicals and Health History Update Forms must be submitted to the Nurses Office by Friday, July 26, 2019.
Try-outs for all teams will be a minimum of three days and can be as long 7 days. All candidates should arrive 30 minutes prior to the starting time of all try-out dates and practices. After try-outs are complete, practices will be held daily and all players are expected to attend all practices scheduled by their coach. Candidates are only permitted to participate in try-outs for one team during a season. Signing up for and participating in try-outs for more than one team at a time is not permitted.
- Cheer Try-outs for 2019-2020 - All sessions will be held at the BR Middle School - Monday, May 6 - 6:00pm to 8:00pm / Tuesday, May 7 - 6:00pm to 8:00pm / Wednesday, May 8 - 6:00pm to 8:00pm / Thursday, May 9 - 6:00pm to 9:00pm / Friday, May 10 - 6:00pm to 9:00pm - Health History Update Forms or New Physical Forms MUST be submitted to the Nurse for clearance BEFORE Try-outs. Please check with the Nurses Office to see which form you need to submit. All Cheer Candidates are expected to attends all sessions.
- Cheer Practice (Varsity & JV) - Date: Monday, August 12 - 9:00am to 12:00pm - Report to the Field House
- Boys Cross Country - Monday, August 12 - 8:00am to 10:00am - Report to the Field House
- Girls Cross Country - Monday, August 12 - 8:00am to 10:00am - Report to the Field House.
- Field Hockey (Varsity-JV-Freshmen) - Monday, August 12 - 8:00am to 11:00am - Report to the 1000 Turf.
- Football (Varsity, JV) - Monday, August 12 - 7:30am to 11:30am - Report to the Field House.
- Freshmen Football - Monday, August 12 - 7:30am to 11:30am - Report to the Field House.
- Gymnastics - Wednesday, August 14 - 9:30am to 11:30am - Report to the High School Old Gymnasium.
- Boys Soccer (Varsity & JV) - Monday, August 12 - 8:00am to 11:00am - Report to the Field House.
- Boys Freshmen Soccer - Monday, August 12 - 10:00am to 1:00pm - Report to the Field House.
- Girls Soccer (Varsity, JV) - Monday, August 12 - 8:00am to 11:00am - Report to the Field House at the High School. DO NOT report to the Middle School.
- Girls Soccer (Freshmen) - Monday, August 12 - 12:00pm to 3:00pm - Report to the Field House.
- Girls Tennis (Varsity & JV) - Monday, August 12 - 8:00am to 10:00am - Report to the Green Knoll Tennis Courts
- Girls Volleyball (Varsity, JV & Freshmen) - Wednesday, August 14 - 9:00am to 12:00pm - Report to the High School Main Gym.
Winter Sports: 2018-2019
- Ice Hockey - Monday, November 6 ~ 3:15pm @ Protec (Bus - 2:35pm)
- Bowling - Monday, November 12 ~ 3:00pm @ Stelton Lanes (Bus - 2:35pm)
- Boys & Girls Swimming - Monday, November 12 ~ 2:30pm @ Bridgewater YMCA Pool
- Boys Basketball - Monday, November 19 ~ Sophomores, Juniors & Seniors - Time: 2:30pm to 5:00pm / Freshmen - Monday, November 19 - 2:30pm to 4:30pm
- Girls Basketball - Monday, November 19 ~ Sophomores, Juniors & Seniors - Time: 5:00pm to 7:30pm / Freshmen - Monday, November 26 - 2:30pm to 5:00pm - BRHS Main Gym
- Wrestling - Monday, November 19 ~ 3:00pm - BRHS Wrestling Room
- Winter Track & Field - Monday, November 19 ~ 3:00pm - Report to the Field House.
Spring Sports: 2019
- Try-outs/practices will begin on Friday, March 1, 2019