Recorded presentation: Freshman Parent Orientation on Wednesday, September 16th.
As the Principal of Bridgewater-Raritan High School, I am honored to be among a select few people who have been given the responsibility to lead this extraordinary school community. Those that came before me left a legacy of excellence which is based on high standards and continuous improvement. I am committed to continuing that tradition.
The heritage of BRHS is that it serves as the culmination of the communities collective efforts on behalf of its children. The program of studies and extracurricular activities offered by BRHS are a four-year commitment to the refinement of the interests, intellects, skills, and competencies of our posterity. The mission of BRHS is to ensure that when our students leave BRHS they have the tools to, take the lead and in doing so, improve our world and make it great.
To achieve our mission BRHS is fortunate in that it has an abundance of resources. We have:
- Students who passionately seek knowledge and are keen to explore their own potential,
- Community partners who are committed to empowering educators to, teach them one and all,
- An exemplary academic faculty eager to inspire, engage and educate,
- A resourceful and responsive team of school counselors and social workers focused on what is best for our students,
- Coaches and activity advisors committed to excellence, courage, inclusion, and equity,
- Skilled and committed support staff who work diligently to support the entire school community,
- Administrators who create the conditions for all to grow by ensuring consistency in a safe, challenging environment which effectively address the needs of all students, faculty, and staff.
Our collective efforts on behalf of, and with, our children will ensure they are prepared to excel in a diverse and increasingly complex world. As a member of our community, whether you are a student, parent, faculty or staff member, spend the next year, exploring, being brave, taking risks, participating, make friends, confronting hard truths, trying new things, be willing to fall and eager to help another up. In short, continue the BRHS tradition of excellence.
Dr. Charles Ezell
Principal Bridgewater-Raritan High School